Student Assistance Program
What is SAP?
The Armstrong-Indiana-Clarion Drug & Alcohol Commission employs SAP Liaisons to provide the following functions to the SAP team:
- Identify possible drug and alcohol related concerns.
- Attend a minimum of two SAP meetings per month.
- Conduct student interviews (as needed), along with another SAP team member to gather information.
- Provide crisis assistance/intervention and management to students and faculty.
- Complete drug and alcohol assessments in the school setting and/or assist in making arrangements for assessments to be completed at a licensed drug and alcohol facility.
- Provide information regarding community agencies to assist the SAP team, students, and families in finding appropriate services.
- Assist with funding and arrangements for students to attend treatment.
Who Makes Up The SAP Team?
- A School Counselor
At least two classroom teachers A building administrator A central office administrator A school nurse A Psychologist Coach and/or other faculty or staff
- Ad Hoc members from community drug/alcohol and mental health